Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Wear Me Already: Killah Polka Dot Skirt + Steve Madden Wedges

When I pulled out this Killah skirt that I haven't worn in a long time, I immediately thought of pairing it with this Talula polka dot top I bought earlier this summer at Aritzia.  I put it on and thought it looked great together, but then I hesitated.  Is it too much polka dot?  If it comes in the form of a dress that's one thing, but putting something together yourself is another.  I thought it either looked great, or people were going to look at me like I was crazy.  Then I saw a picture of Elizabeth Banks last week wearing a mix of polka dots so I decided to just go for it, completing the outfit with a pair of Steve Madden wedges that used to be my go-to wedges (until my white Guess ones came into my life).  

Top: Talula; Skirt: Killah; Shoes: Steve Madden;
Sunglasses: Marc by Marc Jacobs


Elizabeth Banks wearing a mix of polka dots.

via instyle.com


I think it's a toss-up between my love for stripes and my love for polka dots.

April '08 in Cuba wearing a Killah polka dot dress

June '10 shopping in Beverly Hills in
head-to-toe Marc by Marc Jacobs
(romper, flip flops, sunglasses)


Speaking of my love for polka dots...

MinkPink Stop and Stare Blouse:
shopnastygal.com

Splendid Polka Dot Top:
shopbop.com

Flipped Dots Cardigan:
anthropologie.com

Juicy Couture Cropped Polka Dot Cardigan:
revolveclothing.com

Marc by Marc Jacobs Polka Dot Dome Ring:
neimanmarcus.com

Diane von Furstenberg Kameron Skirt: dvf.com

Marc Jacobs Polka-dot wool-fleece dress:
net-a-porter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment